Scotties is open to ALL Scott Primary School children, from Nursery to Year 6 on a first come first served basis. All sessions MUST be pre-booked and pre-paid as spaces are limited. Please phone or come to the office to check availability and book a space. Your child must be registered and a booking form completed.
7.45am – 8.35am – £3.25
8.00am – 8.35am – £2.75
3.15pm – 4.30pm – £3.75
4.30pm – 5.30pm – £3.25
Sibling discount of 50p per breakfast session and £1 per afternoon session
Late collection, per child from 5.30pm – £5.00 plus £5.00 every additional 5 minutes
Holiday Club Sessions and Prices
Full Day, 7.45am – 5.30pm – £30.00, sibling £25.00
Shorter Day, 8.30am – 3.30pm, £23.00, sibling £19.00
Morning, 7.45am – 12.45pm, £17.50, sibling £15.00
Afternoon, 12.45pm – 5.30pm, £16.50, sibling £14.00
Late collection, per child – £5.00 plus £5.00 every additional 5 minutes
Payment is required in full in advance, accompanied by a booking form in order to secure a place.
Cheques should be made payable to ‘Bedford Borough Council’. Please write your child’s name on the back.
A registration form MUST be completed the first time you use Scotties.
Children attending the breakfast session may have toast & cereal if they wish between 7.45am-8.15am. Fresh fruit is available throughout the sessions and a light refreshment will be provided between 4.45pm-5.15pm. Water will be available at all times.
ILLNESS AND MEDICAL MATTERS
Children who are ill should not attend the Club. If a child becomes unwell during Club hours, the Play Leader will endeavor to contact parents who should arrange for the child to be collected as soon as possible.
Any specific medical conditions must be reported to the Play Leader when the child is registered or when diagnosed and the appropriate indemnity form must be signed to enable staff to administer any medicines (i.e. inhalers/antibiotics).
For all bookings, 48 hours’ notice is required, except in the case of sickness. If you wish to cancel a Monday session, you must contact the office by 9.00am. No refunds can be given, but we are willing to re-schedule if numbers allow, and providing adequate notice has been given.
The entrance/exit to the South Pole club can be located via the door before the side entrance to the school (up the path where the chickens are).
The North Pole entrance/exit is through the doors on the Year 3&4 playground.
Parents must collect their children from the outside door to the club and not through the school.
Children must be signed out by the person collecting them before they leave.
We ask that all parents using the Scotties Out of School Club help us run in a smooth and efficient manner by following a few simple requests:
- Please inform us in writing, if anybody other than the persons named on your registration sheet will be collecting your child. (In an emergency, a telephone call will be acceptable). We will not let your child be taken unless we have received this permission.
- Please do not assume that the Club will have spaces and fail to either complete a booking form or give adequate notice.
- Please be punctual when collecting your child. Children become very distressed if they think they have been forgotten! If lateness is unavoidable, then a telephone call is essential and alternative arrangements for collecting your child must be made. (Charges will apply).
- Parents are reminded that children left at the SCOTTIES Out of School Club are not the responsibility of Scott Primary School and the Club accepts no responsibility for children left on school premises who are not registered with the club.
- The Club is self-funding. All running costs must be met from fee income. Any profits will directly benefit the Club.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
Any discipline issues will be brought to the attention of parents by the Club Leader. If the problem cannot be resolved, the child may, at the discretion of the Club Staff, be asked to leave the Club.
If you feel unfairly treated or are unhappy in any way with the care your child receives then a complaints procedure exists. In the first instance any complaint should be made to the Club Play Leader (Miss Zoe Ross). This should be in writing stating the names of the people involved, the relevant dates and the nature of the complaint. Further details of the complaints procedure can be found in the complaints policy.
Scotties Forms and Letters
We work in accordance with the relevant legislation.
Race Relations Act 1958, 1986, Children’s Act 1976, Anti-Bullying, Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities
Copies of all policies are available upon request.
We hope you find this information informative and will choose to use the facilities available. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.